Monday, October 20, 2008

Grandpa Dar fails first test...

On Sunday, Mary and I were doing our annual fall and pre-winter duties as it pertains to getting our yard ready for the upcoming winter months. I started around 10:00 am and was finished around 2:30 pm in the afternoon.

It was a beautiful day outside as Mary and I were getting things ready and Mary was smart enough to have a phone outside just in case we received a phone call. The mistake that was made however was when Mary left me alone for about a half-hour as during that time period Lindsay was trying to call us to tell us she was in the hospital!!!

Lindsay was admitted to the hospital as they thought my grandson was getting ready to come into this world, but it ended up that my grandson was not quite ready to come out yet and Lindsay was released!

Lindsay and Andrew tried to call us to tell us what was going on, but of course could not get ahold of us. I guess the moral of this story is: Grandpa Dar should NEVER be left alone again or he may miss the birth of his second grandson!!!

Needless to say Mary and I now have our phones glued to our sides!!!

Who knows, maybe my grandson will be born on Grandma Mary's birthday this Saturday!!!

- Grandpa Dar